Our client is a start-up that is located in the city of Antwerp. They are building a self-learning marketing assistant that automatically matches content to each customer.
To expand their team, we are looking for a full-stack software engineer who wants to develop in Scala. You will connect the datacrunching machine with the people who need it in such a way they can easily interact with the output it produces and take action on it!
To sum it all up, you will:
• Collaborate on designing rich and meaningful data visualizations and interfaces
• Develop and expand our web application
• Define, prototype and integrate software components
• Design and automate testing strategies
• Do some occasional scripting kung-fu to aid our data scientist & data science engineer in capturing measurements
• Manage code and database(s) optimized for big-data analytics
• Assist in deploying and configuring application servers
Our client offers a very interesting workplace with a lot of opportunities and this all with an interesting salary package.
- You have a Masters degree in (Applied) Informatics, Computer Science, Application Development, or similar through experience
- You have 0- 2 years of professional experience as a java software developer/engineer
- You have experience with web application development
- You are passionate about technology and continuous learning comes naturally to you
- You like diversified work where you can use and develop your technical know-how and analytical skills to their full potential
- You are a real team player but you can also work independently
- You are fluent in English. Knowledge of Dutch/French is a plus
- Knowledge of a framework
- Experience in server-side and client-side web application development
- Knowledge of security concepts and technologies
- Knowledge of R or Matlab is a plus
- Knowledge on the following technologies is a plus: D3, Scala, React, SQL server, Cassandra